Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisB69
Level 7

Rook 4 Picture Scrambled

When I power up my Roku 4, sound and picture are clear on the start-up.  Then when the channel menu page comes up the picture scrambles.  A problem started recently where the text in certain apps like Disney+ and Netflix began showing up as dashes instead of letters and numbers.  Then two days ago the Roku stated on its own and the channel menu picture has been scrambled ever since.  Tried unplugging and also tried home x 5, up once, rewind twice, forward twice.  Did not work.  Now looking for hard reset button on the Roku itself.  Is that the button with the plus sign on top of the unit?  I know pushing that button one way causes the remote to beep.  What does the other part of that button do?  Cant find a pin hole on back or bottom of unit for a hard reset.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rook 4 Picture Scrambled

@ChrisB69 wrote:

Cant find a pin hole on back or bottom of unit for a hard reset.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks.

Per this illustration from the Roku 4 FCC filing, there should be a reset button on the bottom of the unit, although the design may have changed since then.

roku4reset.png

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos