Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Ok. I will give that a shot. Can you list the steps/reformatting procedure?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@garyjnj1 wrote:

Ok. I will give that a shot. Can you list the steps/reformatting procedure?

You need a computer with an SD card slot. Simply format it with the computer. It doesn't really matter what file format to use, since the Roku will re-format it. but the computer format will find any bad sectors and mark them as unusable. That's usually what happens with SD cards, they get a bad sector and data gets corrupted. 

Once you've done the computer format, put the card back in the Roku. It will ask to format the card, and say yes. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are having a problem that the Sharp Roku tv seems to be power cycling. the input light blinks, it says "Sharp Roku" on the screen for a second or 2, then goes dark, the power indicator light blinks again, over and over. We have not put and SD card in the TV ever, I don't even see a slot for one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

You should contact Sharp as they're responsible for the hardware and this sounds like a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm not even sure what model it is, and we bought it from Pawn America, so they are not likely to be warranty sympathetic

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Tormadel wrote:

I'm not even sure what model it is, and we bought it from Pawn America, so they are not likely to be warranty sympathetic

Yeah, might be an issue. But I'd get the model and serial number off the back panel somewhere and contact Sharp anyway. You never know what they might be willing to do. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem after factory reset..changing motherboard, powerboard woudnt fix it.

It is a Sharp Roku TV barely passed one year. Would you let me know if you got it fixed and how.

0 Kudos