Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Had the same problem. Nobody seemed to know what to do except you. Took my memory card out and it's good to go. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Makes me glad I took the time to post and it was helpful.  Thanks for the feedback.  You just justified my time! ;-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I have been having long reboots and today it never completed booting.  I removed my SD card and it booted in less.than 2 minutes!  Now I wonder if I should not use an SD card, reinstall same SD card or get a new one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

@ChiliBilly wrote:

I have been having long reboots and today it never completed booting.  I removed my SD card and it booted in less.than 2 minutes!  Now I wonder if I should not use an SD card, reinstall same SD card or get a new one?


For most users, an SD card doesn't do a lot. It's only purpose is to store the programming for each channel after you run out in internal memory. It doesn't make anything faster, it doesn't allow you to store anything else on it. If you don't have one, and you load more channels than the internal memory can hold, it unload the least used channels to install a new one. If you try to run the one that's been unloaded, it takes a few moments to download that channel again, and it unloads another lesser used channel. At best it might make entering a channel 10 seconds faster. I've never used an SD card on any of my Roku players that had a slot.

Even if you decide it's worth it, buying a card with more than 4-5 GB of space is a waste of money. They seem to max out at a little over 2 GB of use, maybe 3. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I also had the same , performed the same. Removed memory that was added by me and it booted right up. I would like to add, this is second memory chip that has become unusable in my Roku device 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I have this problem on my Roku 3 player. It only happens of I reboot. It can stick at the Roku logo screen playing that music for up to 20 -30min. It then finishes loading. This is a bug from one of their updates. They just have never patched it in the software. It is annoying. My Apple TV never hangs.  Roku, cmon guys patch this software and fix it!

Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

@garyjnj1 wrote:

I have this problem on my Roku 3 player. It only happens of I reboot. It can stick at the Roku logo screen playing that music for up to 20 -30min. It then finishes loading. This is a bug from one of their updates. They just have never patched it in the software. It is annoying. My Apple TV never hangs.  Roku, cmon guys patch this software and fix it!


Any chance you have an SD card inserted into the slot on the back? If so, power off and eject the card. Then power it back up.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Yes. But when I take the SD card out, now the Roku boots faster but it keeps showing an annoying pop-up whenever I go into an app. The pop-up says Roku now recommends an SD card to load programs faster. With it in, it keeps hanging at boot unless the  simcard is removed prior to booting. Not a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

@garyjnj1 wrote:

Yes. But when I take the SD card out, now the Roku boots faster but it keeps showing an annoying pop-up whenever I go into an app. The pop-up says Roku now recommends an SD card to load programs faster. With it in, it keeps hanging at boot unless the  simcard is removed prior to booting. Not a solution.


OK, the problem has been isolated to the SD card. Most likely it has been corrupted, or simply worn out. SD cards have a finite lifespan, which depends on their use case. I suggest replacing the SD card. Since it doesn't need to be very large, it should only cost a few $. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Same issue, also found by removing SD card the Roku boots per normal. My resolution was to format the SD card using PC and reinserting it in Roku, Roku then did a reformat to be used in Roku. Roku now starts normally with the SD card inserted, hope it lasts.