Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladybug24
Level 7

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Express 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@ladybug24 wrote:

I have the Roku Express 

OK. This thread was about the Roku 3, which is why I had to ask. The Express has never had an SD slot, so that's not the issue. If it's stuck on the boot screen, and nothing else has solved it, the last thing to try is a factory reset. Somewhere on the Express is a small pin hole, and inside that hole is a reset button. While the Roku is plugged in, you have to press that button for a MINIMUM of 30 seconds. Not one second less, regardless of what you may see on the TV screen.

If a factory reset doesn't clear it, then it's defective. If it's under 1 year old, it's under warranty, so contact customer service for a replacement. If it's more than a year old, pitch it and get a Premiere or Streaming Stick, not another Express. They aren't that much more money but are a far better player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Dwayde
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hilarious this is still going.

Get yourself a Firestick and stay far away from Roku. After weeks of support telling me basic things like hard reset they eventually admitted it's broken and has to be replaced. This is a very common issue and was never fixed, nor does Roku care.

Trust me, Amazon firestick, I got one on sale for 20$ and it's a 10x better device, faster and with no issues. I tossed my few months old Roku device and will never look back.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

I don't like the Fire TV user interface, but it's a perfectly fine streaming player. I never bothered with one since I use the Shield for my high end streaming from my server. Neither Roku nor Fire TV will play my movie rips with full audio and video without requiring some amount of transcoding. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Elizabeth-14
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you ever get this resolved ?? I’m having the same problem and I’ve tried EVERYTHING 

garyjnj1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Nope. Tried reformatting the simcard and that didn't work.   The only thing that stops it permanently is to remove the simcard.  Buying another sim card and replacing it worked in the past, but only for about 6-8 months.

0 Kudos
Rokoo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unless you’re having a massive download time loading channels, I’d just leave the card out. 

0 Kudos
garyjnj1
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's highly annoying. Also, a new thing that has started is the captions keep turning on in every app.  I turn them off but the captions off setting fails to save.

0 Kudos