Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian786
Level 7

Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

I had received the new update of Roku3 software. The screen is stuck at startup screen. Here logo keeps on bouncing. It has been the case for 2 days. I tried to do reset with no luck.

Please help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
13 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku3 Screen stuck at bouncing logo

Are you talking about the Screensaver? Have you tried new batteries in your remote?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Luigi
Level 7

My Roku 3 4200x updated to 8.0 4128 about a week ago.  Tonight, will using the TabloTv app, the Roku locked up and started to reboot but never got past the bouncing logo.  I tried connecting to another TV, new remote batteries, factory reset, no change.  I'm back to using my Roku 2 running version 7 ...... 

Roku support, any idea how to get the reboot to complete?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Christian786
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
Are you talking about the Screensaver? Have you tried new batteries in your remote?
It is not the screen saver. The Roku logo that bounces at the time of startup. It doesnt move forward. Have tried the reset but no luck.
0 Kudos
hcciii
Level 7

Hi -- Posting this as I just had same problem. I discovered that if I remove the aftermarket micro SD card i have used for the past couple of years, the problem resolves itself. If I plug the card back in, the unit is unable to mount it, and goes back to being stuck on the bouncing logo if I re-power it. I don't have a different card, of a different device to try the card in, so I cannot tell if the card is now defective, or there is something causing the error in the Roku 3 itself. Hope this helps someone else
0 Kudos
c152driver
Level 8

"hcciii" wrote:
Hi -- Posting this as I just had same problem. I discovered that if I remove the aftermarket micro SD card i have used for the past couple of years, the problem resolves itself. If I plug the card back in, the unit is unable to mount it, and goes back to being stuck on the bouncing logo if I re-power it. I don't have a different card, of a different device to try the card in, so I cannot tell if the card is now defective, or there is something causing the error in the Roku 3 itself. Hope this helps someone else

Exact same behavior here! This has happened to both my Roku 3 and Roku 4, a couple of weeks apart. Both got stuck in a boot loop until I removed the SD cards. It seems like this might be a bug with the version 8 firmware, as they worked fine for years with the SD cards installed.
Cdstmichael
Level 7

I was so stuck, but the micro SD card was the culprit. Replaced it and everything went back to normal.
ratt57
Level 7

This issue has been a problem with users -including myself - for four years that I’m aware of and Roku has done nothing whatsoever to address it. I’ve been through three different Rokus and they all start doing it within 5-6 months. I don’t know if this is a pairing issue, but it’s becoming extremely frustrating. Unplugging the machine and taking the batteries out of the remote does absolutely nothing... when I restart the Roku it can be anywhere from 30 minutes to hours before it finally leaves the Roku login screen. I was a big believer in Roku but I’n fed up with this issue and nothing being done about it. I’ll spend a little more money and buy another Nvidia shield to replace it. There’s no excuse to have to put up with this problem for this long.
0 Kudos
ralexlaptop
Level 7

Have anyone found a solution to this problem yet?  I've just encountered this problem for the first time after owning multiple Rokus for over 9 years.  Today I had to remove the Micro SD memory card from four of my Roku Utras and one Roku 3 to resolve the problem with my Roku not being able to reboot (caught in endless Logo cycle).  Removing the Micro SD memory card from all five Rokus solved the problem immediately.
AKM
Level 7

This post really helped me to fix the same issue which I was struggling for few days, even roku support could not able to help it. Thanks buddy who posted it.
0 Kudos