Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pstelter
Level 7

Roku1 gives purple screen

Visiting with my parents and trying to watch TV their Roku1 player (2710X).  All of the menu screens work (Home screen, Amazon Prime. Netflix, Vudu, etc.).  However, when it tries to play a movie, we get the soundtrack and a purple screen - no error message.  Tried a system restart (didn't work) and system update (software up to date).  Could it be the even though all the menu screens display properly?  Is it the fact that its an older player?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku1 gives purple screen

Try a different HDMI cable or a different input on the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@pstelter Thanks for reaching out. As @renojim mentioned, changing the HDMI cable in use, or connecting the device to a different HDMI port are common ways to resolve this issue. You can see more troubleshooting information for this issue here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755468-what-should-i-do-if-i-see-a-hdcp-error-detected-message-o...

Keep us posted if you need more help from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

juergen
Level 7

Using another hdmi input worked for me.

0 Kudos
teammct
Level 7

I've had this issue for years, and I came here looking for a more elegant solution, but here is what I do currently:

• Go to Settings>Display Type
  • Change to another resolution until I see the screen flash and throw up the HDCP error
  • Hit the Home button to dismiss the error screen
  • Confirm or cancel (either works) the resolution you've picked and this will throw up the HDCP error again
  • Hit Home to dismiss the error and return to the home screen

This fixes the issue for as long as the TV stays on, even if I change inputs to use another device and go back.

A different HDMI port/cable and power cycling hasn't worked in the past.

0 Kudos