Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t restart after update

@Doc_Corcoran, I know it says "SN" on the bottom, but that's the Device ID, not the serial number.  I have no idea why Roku finds it necessary to have two seemingly unique numbers for every device.  You can find the serial number under "My linked devices" at https://my.roku.com/account .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information, @Doc_Corcoran.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doc_Corcoran
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F Thank you so much 

0 Kudos
KCbus
Reel Rookie

I just want to add that I have a Roku Express that’s acting the same way.  I’ve tried the steps listed in this thread and gotten nowhere.

SN is YH00G7387036

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @KCbus

Thanks for the post.

For further assistance, could you tell us first the exact issue you're running into? Details of the troubleshooting steps you've done would be a great help as well.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KCbus
Reel Rookie

Sure.

About a week ago, I got to a point where the light was on, but it wouldn’t respond, and the TV wouldn’t recognize it.  I had to unplug it from the wall and plug it back in.  It would re-boot, and work fine.

But then, it got to a point where the bouncing Roku logo screen would come on for about three seconds and the screen would go black, and the NO INPUT message would appear.  Now, I can’t even get that far.  Light is on, but nobody’s home.  No recognition from the TV, and it won’t reboot.

I have another Roku Express that I’ve had for a couple years that works fine. The one I’m having issues with I’ve had for about four months.  I’ve tried using the power adapter and cord from the good one, and no change.  I tried hooking it up to a different TV and nothing, so it’s not the TV.  I tried the reset button, and the light never goes off or blinks.  Nothing.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the details, @KCbus

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Doc_Corcoran
Channel Surfer

@brebg 

Na still haven’t fixed the issue

0 Kudos
BishUncool

I am having the EXACT same issues as Doc, the original poster. I have gone through all of the EXACT same steps as he has, and now I can't even use it because I "Factory Restored" it. I would appreciate some help if you can.

SN: YG00GG471055

Thanks, Bish

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BishUncool

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What exactly are you seeing? After you factory reset the device what happened/what are you seeing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is there a light on the Roku device?

With more detail information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos