Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ59

Roku won't appear on TV screen

My Roku was working fine until I went to watch it yesterday and I can't get the Roku home screen on my tv and I can't turn the box off. I changed the batteries, unplugged and plugged back in everything, reset the Roku box but still nothing. I've only had it 2 months so there should be no problems. Is  there anything else I can do that I already have not?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku won't appear on TV screen

Hey @DJ59

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture or Roku home screen on your TV:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    • Make sure you selected the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
  2. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos