Did you mean: 
SteveMc
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku wireless speakers consistently losing connection with Roku TV

I'll look into that. 

0 Kudos
briboe

Have had my speakers since they came out.  Have the same issue.  The randomly disconnect and they try to pair again.  Has there ever been a determination as to what causes this issue?

0 Kudos
Pls-Just-Work
Reel Rookie

I was able to get this resolved. Took 2 hours on the phone with Verizon, but it's now resolved. Basically I had to split my wifi connections into two (one for 2.8G and one for 5G). Then I had to set each signal to a static channel. Not sure why it took so long to accomplish on Verizon's end, but doing both of the above fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
kat9925

Ever since I got the wireless speakers I have had issues with them, I have trouble shoot them according to the directions from page and still have issues, Can't seem to find anyone to actually talk to other then this page righ there, I came across this page and have done some of what they are saying- and didn't know I can even use my controller to do a issue report tracker but who do you report it to.. I will turn on my Sharp Roku TV and go to a app- which is the ABC and watch some programs when just like 5 mins into the show it just loses connection to my wireless speakers and then i look up at my tv and see it says not connected- my cable box is fine and modem because I am on the computer and can search while on social media, i have to exit out and go into settings and then it will just come back on and I start all over again and at least another 3-4 times during a 30 min show- gets me aggravated for sure .. we do have it on 5g also.. Why is this happening 

here is the info from tracker: 5-4-22 wed 1053pm, 5-5-22 thurs 1159pm , 5-6-22 fri 1018pm

model: 5232x-roku tv

serial number @N00G4727305 (CHP7AG727305)

Software 11.0.00 build 4193-34

Issue ID 05-178-732 wed , thur 05-180-239, fri 05-181-560

0 Kudos
psm9
Reel Rookie

What did it for me was replacing my Xfinity modem/gateway.

The speaker problems happened when after my previous modem updated itself (unbeknownst to me).

After failing to get anywhere with Roku support, I had Xfinity come out. After an hour, the tech had no clue, but suggested changing to a modem/gateway from a different manufacturer. That fixed it instantly.

No clue why the first modem was interfering

0 Kudos
ToddMicheal
Reel Rookie

I've had the Roku Soundbar Pro connected to 2 sets of speakers for a few months now. I found that my right rear speaker had disconnected from the system. After spending the last 2 or three days resetting and attempting to reconnect them, all I have is a developing anger at this set up. I've emailed customer care and haven't gotten a response. Can anyone assist? I don't want to have paid for 5 channel sound to only have 3 working channels.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@ToddMicheal  So you have a Roku soundbar pro and 4 Roku wireless speakers? 5 total? And one Roku wireless speaker drops out? How far away is that one speaker from the TV? Try swapping the one speaker that is cutting out with one that isn’t. Try some troubleshooting 

0 Kudos
ToddMicheal
Reel Rookie

I have been troubleshooting this for literally 5 days now. You aren't reading what I am saying. The speakers will no longer connect. My original pair still works just fine. The second pair will not connect, even when right next to the stream bar, regardless of having them set as front or rear speakers. To continue my troubleshooting, I have now attempted to hook the pair to another Roku television, and they will not pair there either. I would honestly prefer if someone who actually works for Roku would actually answer since I probably just need a product replacement.

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@ToddMicheal  If the speakers are under warranty then fill out a claim. Did you try a factory reset on the speakers?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kat9925 @ToddMicheal

Thanks for the post.

I hI have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator