Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunshine3
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku wireless speakers consistently losing connection with Roku TV

I just bought these brand new wireless Roku speakers. Set up was pretty easy. They seemed to work for about 4 hours, then my connection was completely lost on my TcL Roku tv. I tried a few work arounds. finally rebooted my router. After that, I had no issues with my TVs WiFi signal (At no time did any of my other devices in my home have issues maintaining WiFi connection.) only problem, the Roku speakers were no longer connected to my tv; however, they were still paired to the tv. I tried almost everything in this post. Little confused by the internet stuff. I have the AT&T fiber optics 1000. I don’t know if that makes any difference. I’m very frustrated with this experience. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sunshine3 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blu28
Reel Rookie

I have Roku wireless speakers since they were first released. My television is an Insignia Roku TV. Once or twice a week the speakers stop working. No sound at all comes out. No amount of fiddling with audio settings has ever helped or restored the sound. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is to power cycle the TV, which is very inconvenient since it is wall mounted with a power outlet behind the TV and takes a while to get back up and running and there is no physical power button on the TV. Lately it has been happening more often, every two days or so. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@blu28 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jssst21

I have had mine for maybe a month and I have to re-pair them at least once a week. One or the other (L/R) drops out randomly for no clear reason on a more or less daily basis, and then once a week or so they both go kaput. Unbelievably frustrating as they then seem to only re-pair when specific conditions involving dew point and the rotation of the sun are met for all I can tell. It is a simple procedure with all of three buttons, but it still manages to fail most of the time. For a closed system where the same manufacturer is making the speakers and the TV I am stunned by how poorly these perform. In 2020, getting devices to play nicely when the manufacturer controls all the hardware shouldn't be rocket surgery. I am very disappointed in this product. 

0 Kudos
blu28
Reel Rookie

I contacted Roku customer support, and it turns out that the problem was my wireless router, sort of. If you have your wireless router set to automatically choose band channels, then when it switches from one channel to another it can confuse the Roku and/or speakers. Setting my router to assigned channels has fixed the problem. I told the tech support person that while it is nice that the problem has been solved, Roku really needs to deal with this since it is standard behavior for routers.

0 Kudos
joshuabporter
Reel Rookie

I’ve had the same issue since a month into owning then. Reached out to Roku Twitter/customer support several times and always got the runaround. It seemed like after answering their questions I would have to reach out a couple weeks later and would start the process again with a whole new person. 

Absolute worst purchase I’ve ever made for speakers like this. Won’t make the same mistake against 

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

I figured out a solution without having to power cycle the TV. Go to settings, then go to network, then go to check connection, run the connection test. Then the speaker should start Auto connecting after running the test. 

0 Kudos
RLH58

I agree no help any where I want my money back. I’m buying an LG

0 Kudos
mmg13206
Reel Rookie

Has the Roku Moderator ever helped anyone with this issue? I see that they tell everyone to PM with email and serial number but I don’t see that the issue has been resolved. 
it’s really frustrating and the instructions need to be at a lower volume.

0 Kudos