Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigblock
Channel Surfer

Roku will not connect anymore

My old roku works fine but the new voice actuated Roku will not connect anymore. Worked for a day and then will not work at all.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku will not connect anymore

@Bigblock

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigblock
Channel Surfer

When first received I connected up everything fine. A day later I got message unable to connect. I tried reset (numerous times) and still would not connect. I tried moving roku around different locations and resetting router. After numerous attempts gave up.  Unit in question is the voice actuated 4k unit.

Barry

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bigblock

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing in regards to not able to connect? Are you unable to connec to the TV or unable to connect to your wireless network? What specific Roku model are you using? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? What are you seeing on screen? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resole the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigblock
Channel Surfer

Roku model 4k voice

Got this and connected for a brief time. 1 Day.  When I went to use it next it asked me to pair the remote. I tried this numerous times. No connection, I used a remote from before to try and then I was able to see where I had put in password to network. That is as far as I can go. I have no trouble with the old Roku. New one is paperweight as far as use is concerned.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Bigblock 

What are the model numbers of your old Roku and the new Roku device.  These can be found under Settings/System/About.  Also include your Roku model number and ISP (internet service provider).

---

Need to be a little more specific if you can regarding your issue.  I think you are at the point where the old remote is able to get to your wireless password screen.  Are you able to enter a password and it does not connect, or are you unable to enter a password.  Are you seeing any error messages and error numbers on screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos