Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stingermck
Level 7

Roku washes out colors in HDR on Samsung UHD KS8000

Hey all, I am having some issues with my Roku. Here is setup:

Samsung 65" Class KS8000 4K SUHD TV, Model Number: UN65KS8000FXZA (UHD is turned on for all HDMI ports)

Roku - 2.0-Channel Smart Soundbar - Black Model: 9101R (using ARC HDMI port)

Monoprice High Speed HDMI Cable - 6 Feet - Black| Certified Premium, 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 36AWG, YUV, 4:4:4 - Ultra Slim Series

Roku setup detects 4K HDR 60hz TV for my setup. However if I go into Netflix (and Vudu as well) and pick a 4K HDR show, the shows menu is bright, but right before it loads goes a little dark, and then the show plays with washed out colors.

If I switch display in Roku to 4K 60hz TV, and repeat above, the content is bright and colorful.

Any advice? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
wolfaineer
Level 8

Re: Roku washes out colors in HDR on Samsung UHD KS8000

yes, I have the same problem, I would like to know of a potential fix to this also.

0 Kudos
sturm2020
Level 7

Re: Roku washes out colors in HDR on Samsung UHD KS8000

The Samsung KS8000 and KS800D both have issues with detecting and setting the proper color space when using an external streaming device. I have used Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV and Google Chromecast TV (the new one). All units wash out colors. A finer point in Antman at the beginning Howard Stark looks almost greenish in skin tone when using an external streaming device. When using the built in apps, HDR and the color space work correctly, and he has a proper skin tone. The only work around I have found Is to loop the external streaming device though a Blu-ray player or home theater receiver. I use my fire stick through my Oppo 203 and it works perfectly. I understand this isn't the answer you are looking for, but sadly its an issue with the version/age of the Samsung tv, not a Roku issue.

0 Kudos