Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku unit

My devise will not do anything checked battery light comes on then goes out
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Roku unit

Need far more information. What model Roku (number, not name)? What light are you referring to? Is the Roku working, but the remote isn't doing anything? Have you tried the Roku app on a phone or tablet to see if you can control the device that way?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have same problem on Express. Plug in, light on device comes on and then blinks 6 times and goes out. Nothing ever appears on screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@gts wrote:

I have same problem on Express. Plug in, light on device comes on and then blinks 6 times and goes out. Nothing ever appears on screen.

How are you powering your Express? Are you using the wall adapter, or connected directly to a TV USB port for power? Note that many TVs don't provide enough power in their USB ports to power a Roku properly, and could cause what you see. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@gts 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried using another power adapter to see if that resolves your issue as well as trying to plug the device into your TV USB port?

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos