Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku ultra signal cutting out/in

I have had this issue in the past where the video/audio signal will cut out and pop super loud when coming back in. Normally I would have replied to the old thread but it has been archived. 

last time this happened, a firmware update fixed it. @RokuTannerD  can you let me know if this issue popped back up in subsequent updates? I have tried reset, new hdmi, tv reset, etc. due to the fact that last time a firmware update fixed it I’m assuming the same thing here.  See the YouTube video below for more info. 

https://youtu.be/unwqfVyUWgI

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku ultra signal cutting out/in

@Omegastagethr33 Thanks for following up. There haven't been any updates released yet since the last release of OS 9.2. A few more questions here: 

- When did you first start observing this behavior most recently? 

- What streaming channel are you watching in the video you linked? 

- Does this behavior occur in multiple streaming channels on your device, or just one in particular? 

- Is your Roku device connected directly toy our TV, or to an A/V receiver? 

- What is the make/model of TV that your device is connected to? 

- Have you tried re-seating the HDMI cable in both your device and the TV/receiver's HDMI port? 

With more information, we can continue looking into this with you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

This problem has happened for the last year. It got better in December and is bad now. I purchased another unit and it’s still happening, just now as bad. 

The channel in the video was VUDU.

It happens with Netflix, Disney+, HBO and all others. 

The Roku is connected via a Samsung one distro box. It’s the only way to connect devices to the Samsung JS8500 series. we don’t have this issue with the PlayStation or cable box. Just the Roku. 

i have tried just about everything including hdmi cables. The only thing that seems to help is resetting the Roku after it has been awakened. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuTannerD any suggestions?

It’s happening quite often now, every 2-3min unless I restart the Roku after it has been inactive/sleep. I’ve tried disabling screensavers as well. No help. I do not have this problem with my Apple TV, Comcast box, and ps4 pro. Assuming it has something to do with the Roku itself or some handshake compatibility issues with the Samsung connect one mini. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also have the exact same issue.. just started out of the blue

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuTannerD any updates? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Having this issue as well, video is playing, cuts out to Roku screen mirror main screen, then comes back in after a minute or two. Does this continually. Any solutions? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

How is the Roku connected to TV?  Is it directly or through a a/v receiver?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Directly to TV via HDMI 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here, my Ultra is connected to the TV directly. This is my 5th Roku unit and it has been the absolute worst performing out of all of them and they all have their mileage, this one is just over 7 months old. The unit worked well for the first month but has gotten progressively worse to the point of the signal dropping off being a regular occurrence.

0 Kudos