Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku ultra remote no Vizio onscreen audio

I upgraded my Roku from the streaming stick+ to the Roku ultra 2018 connected to a Vizio M50 TV which is connected to a sound bar through ARC HDMI input.

This TV has onscreen audio level feature as audio is adjusted. The Roku streaming stick+ remote audio buttons triggered the onscreen volume levels fine. However the new Roku ultra remote doesn’t trigger the onscreen volume levels. It does allow the volume to be adjusted. It just won’t let me see the volume level.

The strange thing is that the old streaming stick+ remote still works with the Roku ultra and volume levels are shown onscreen.

I tried reprogramming the ultra remote by going through remote setup, saying no to muting question and trying all the Vizio codes. No dice.

I could just use the old remote but it doesn’t have the headphone jack which is a feature I want to use on the new ultra remote.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?
0 Kudos