Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dynamex155
Level 7

Roku ultra not working

My Roku ultra box has its light on and when I press the home button or any button on the remote the light blinks and that’s it nothing happens on the screen. It’s connected properly like it has been all along to the HDMI port and of course the power is plugged in as well. Any button I press on the remote does nothing but make the light on the Roku ultra player link I tried unplugging the boxFor a couple minutes. I also tried resetting the remote and repairing. The room the light on the remote does flash green then stops so I’m assuming it is paired to the box but nothing showing up on the screen. I’ve had no issues with this unit at all and I’m dumbfounded as to what’s going on please help if able thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku ultra not working

All I can suggest is to try a different HDMI cable.  Try a different HDMI input on your TV.  Try a different TV.  All indications are that the Roku is working.

0 Kudos
Dynamex155
Level 7

Thank you I will try that in the morning, hope it’s not my home theater 

0 Kudos
akeiii
Level 7

If it stopped working and was hot then try unplugging it, leaving it in a cool spot overnight and try it in the morning. That worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Dynamex155
Level 7

Thanks everyone for your help. It is now working although I have to admit I am not sure which thing I did fixed it but it is working now.

0 Kudos