Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku ultra needs to reboot before playback after update

Jump to solution
My Roku ultra freezes when it goes into screensaver and when you wake it up and try to start a video it reboots during the load screen on all apps. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku ultra needs to reboot before playback after update

Jump to solution

Changing my screensaver to something different seems to have resolved that issue for me.  I switched to the aquarium screensaver and no slowness and reboot today

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having a similar issue, where I have no video after screen save. It still has sound. I have to hit the reset button on the bottom between 1 to 5 times for it to work. While booting I can see and hear the roku logo, and then it goes to no video
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Just switched off the 4K screensaver option to the aquarium and will see if it still happens.  

Very frustrating

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Changing my screensaver to something different seems to have resolved that issue for me.  I switched to the aquarium screensaver and no slowness and reboot today

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Switching my screensaver has resolved my issues as well.
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and the screensaver is already set to the aquarium. No amount of powering off/on will fix the problem. I cannot get the device into a state that will allow me to change the screensaver.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@mvstelt wrote:
Switching my screensaver has resolved my issues as well.

what was your original screen saver and what did you switch it to? Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't think it matters what your screensaver is, you just need to switch it to something else.  Mine originally was the 4K screensaver and moved to the aquarium after the issue.  

I would reboot the roku and immediately go into settings and change your screensaver to something else.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@iHavoc wrote:

I don't think it matters what your screensaver is, you just need to switch it to something else.  Mine originally was the 4K screensaver and moved to the aquarium after the issue.  

I would reboot the roku and immediately go into settings and change your screensaver to something else.  

ok. I will give that a try. Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Mine was the 4K screensaver now it is logo rain and haven’t had the problem since I switched.