Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klmartin29
Level 7

Roku ultra making loud noise when turned on have to unplug to stop it.

Jump to solution

Every time turn it on there is a high pitch noise from the device. Have to unplug to stop. Purchased for Christmas. Have changed tv ports.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku ultra making loud noise when turned on have to unplug to stop it.

Jump to solution

@Klmartin29

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Klmartin29

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
FC3
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue, have had multiple sessions with Roku techs without success currently waiting for their solution while they research the issue-----but its been 6 weeks and it is past the return window now.  At first we could make sure we went back to the Home Screen before shutting down and that worked for a while, but now the only solution is to unplug the power supply prior to startup.  Roku----Please help.

0 Kudos
Klmartin29
Level 7

Jump to solution

X01000RNGNFS

making high pitch noise

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Klmartin29

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos