Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mindyd
Level 7

Roku ultra just started announcing volume level.

Roku ultra started announcing the volume level every time we change the volume. We have done no changes to make this happen. Just started a couple days ago. Audio guide is disabled. We have a Roku premier and a Roku express and neither of them do this. I have tried to Google and others are saying the same thing but no one knows how to make it stop. Can not even find out how to contact Roku directly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Roku ultra just started announcing volume level.

Is audio guide turned off in the TV?  (I assume it's your TV's volume that is changing - if it's an AVR or something else, then check that.)

0 Kudos
SeaGail
Level 8

Re: Roku ultra just started announcing volume level.

I'm sure you figured it out, but for others, in my case, with the Sony TV, somehow the default to read screen actions got turned on, so in this case, it ends up being a TV accessibility setting  Same as you - made sure accessibility settings were set to not screen read.

0 Kudos