Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcc3000

Re: Roku ultra flickering screen

Thank you! This worked!

capeuser

I do not have the menu to make this change. Just set this up today and can't even use it!! Any suggestions????? Ready to return to amazon. this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
mtdakota

"Now the flickering and blinking occur only one about once an hour. Problem fixed!"

TBH, I really don't consider that fixed.

dvewing
Reel Rookie

Something else you could try to deal with flickering on your roku is to change the display type under settings (Go to settings > Select Display Type > select arrow over > will give you a selection of formats like 720p tv, 1080p tv, etc. select 1080p tv or one of the other ones. One should work for your program). I switched mine from auto detect to 1080p tv and that resolved my flickering issues. None of the other tricks worked for me. My advice would be to change the display format to the one that works best for the specific program your watching and switch it back when your done with that program. 

0 Kudos
Kudi
Reel Rookie

Can you try not to copy/paste? Change the display under setting ....where ?

0 Kudos
dvewing
Reel Rookie

Go to settings > Display Type > select arrow over > should give you a selection of 720p Tv, 1080p tv, etc.

0 Kudos
Kudi
Reel Rookie

I have the  55” 4K HDR  there is no (display type) under setting 

0 Kudos
dvewing
Reel Rookie

Make sure your going to settings in the roku and not your tv settings. 

0 Kudos
Dpok69

After remodeling my living room which required the Roku device and TV to be disconnected I started having flickering from my high end Samsung TV from 2012. The cable seemed to be working fine. The image would appear fine, until a ad appeared then would stay flickering for the remaining duration unless I press home on the remote, in which case the flickering stops and the Roku seems to be operating normally until the next ad. I already had the auto refresh rate off on the Roku device by default. I went into the Samsung image settings and changed from dynamic mode to standard and the flickering immediately stopped. I also set the auto resolution detect setting on my tv to its native resolution. Right now the flickering has not returned. 

0 Kudos
daddy1877

This is it. This is the fix. Thanks dude. Our Roku doesn't have the HDR sub sampling option so I only toggled the Auto Refresh rate to off. Worked wonderfully. The issue we had was browsing through apps with auto previews, the Roku would change resolution to I guess match the resolution of the preview video. This takes about a second and a black screen is displayed. Very annoying. Seemed to happen after a Roku update a few months ago. We almost trashed a perfectly good Roku. Thanks again @Samsung5User 

0 Kudos