Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktabb
Level 7

Roku ultra LT (2019) won't establish HDMI connection unless power reset

My Roku Ultra LT (2019) won't establish an HDMI connection unless I power reset. The device is on and connected but it doesn't show a connection unless I unplug the power to the Roku and then plug it back in.

I have a Roku Ultra that is connected to a Denon S750h AVR which in turn connects to a JVC DLA-NX5 projector.

Things I have done to try and fix it, nothing has worked:

1. Changed out the HDMI cables for new ones (high speed).

2. Updated the Roku to the latest version.

3. Changed settings>display> from "auto-detect" to 4K 60Hz. Note that when I do this after I've repowered and can see the Roku, all seem to works. The next time I turn it off and then turn it on again I need to go through the whole repowering thing again and then find that display is back to "auto-detect." If I leave it on auto-detect then Netflix only shows HD and not 4k UHD. When I go and manually change the Roku display settings to 4K 60Hz Netflix shows 4k UHD.

Very frustrating.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Roku ultra LT (2019) won't establish HDMI connection unless power reset

You can try disabling "Auto Recovery" that may fix it, or cause other issues:  Home 5x, Down, Left, Up 3x.

Otherwise, does it behave the same way when directly connecting to your projector?

0 Kudos
ktabb
Level 7

Re: Roku ultra LT (2019) won't establish HDMI connection unless power reset

Disabling auto recovery didn’t fix it unfortunately. Projector is ceiling mounted so difficult to connect directly. 

0 Kudos