Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DA123
Level 7

Roku ultra 2020 SD mkv playback aspect ratio issues

The problem.  480 p & I mpeg2 mkv files which are anamorphic/widescreen, but playback is at a 480 width.  The effect is that the picture is squeezed and out of proportion.

I run both Plex and Emby.   Both player clients, and many files, all exhibit the problem behavior.   Because of this, I believe this is a Roku software issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ultra 2020 SD mkv playback aspect ratio issues

Try testing out RMP as well.

Regardless, you need to contact Roku directly about this:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options     (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

and/or contact @RokuDanny-R  and/or @RokuChris (Roku Media Player)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JRSmith
Level 7

Same problem here and it has not been addressed as of 3/21/21. The older three Roku units I have do not have this problem; only the Ultra 2020 unit. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Since there hasnt been a firmware update since early February (9.4.1-4236), and thats the only one since the OP (not that the issue couldnt have or didnt predate the OP), you'll probably have to wait another build or 2 before this is likely to be fixed (6-12 months or never are not uncommon fix times for Roku).

Its also likely OS 9.5/OS10 will drop before another 9.4.1 build does at this point (should be announced at the end of March/early April), and that will likely add to the fix time.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
JRSmith
Level 7

Thanks for the response. I guess we'll have to wait. I do have a workaround by using my Nvidia Shield TV Pro for the SD stuff.

-Jack

0 Kudos