Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candy8795

Roku tv muting and unmuting

My tv is muting and unmuting itself I have taken all the batteries out of the romotes I have and it's still doing it I have tried faculty resetting it and it still is doing it any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku tv muting and unmuting

Hi @Candy8795

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried re-pairing the remote to your Roku TV? We suggest giving it a shot.

Check out this link if you need instructions with the suggestion above: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

However, if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, we would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's support team to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

My tv is doing this did you ever get yours to fix I to tried a factory reset and it's still doing it took batteries out of remote before that I can't figure out how to fix this

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@heavenlboatrigh

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What happens when you remove the batteries from your remote?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RMG
Reel Rookie

As discussed in this forum under a different thread, my system does a similar malfunction. This morning the channel I was watching (DirecTV) just muted. Changing the feed (I was watching CNN) to the next station and back brought the sound back. Yesterday, on a different receiver, but watching on the channel DirecTV and CNN, the sound amplification jumped so loud that the speakers distorted. I corrected it using the same method. Thus, I do not believe it is an amplifier issue. It appears to be a software issue. Here is some information from today:

Model 4660RW - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: YJ0050057354 (CS4895057354)

Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4208-46

Timestamp: 2021-12-23T13:57:05Z

ID: 54-513-477

Channel Version 3.27 build 3030101

Also, this Roku Ultra model keeps reminding me to insert a SD chip for extra memory. However, it does not have a SD chip slot, so the message is moot.

CJ-Jones

Hi, not the original posters, but it's happening to me too. At random, for minutes at a time, the mute function flips itself on and off. Doesn't seem to matter if it's in an input or not, happens on main menu. I not only tried taking the batteries out of the remote, I found it isn't the remote found it at all. You can use a phone camera to see the light in the remote activate when pressing buttons, and I've verified when the tv is muting itself, the remote is not activating. 

I just finished a 'factory reset' on the tv itself and the problem was happening during setup.

Ideas? 

bmccollneb
Channel Surfer

This useless info.  It's the tv mfg not ours. Great solution.

0 Kudos