Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku suddenly stopped working and letters keep bouncing

My Roku stick was working just fine.  Suddenly it disconnected from the wireless.  I tried reconnecting and rebooting according to prompts on the screen. Now, I just get the bouncing Roku letters. I tried resetting using the small button on the back of the remote.  I tried unplugging the stick and replugging it back in.  Nothing works.  I saw other posts and it seems as if this is a problem for others.  Any new suggestions on how to get this to work?  
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku suddenly stopped working and letters keep bouncing

You could try re booting your TV as well. Did you try the stick in another TV?l
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't have another TV with a HDMI connection. It was working, but lost Internet connectivity.  I tried to go through the prompts on the TV to reconnect and it said the device needed to be reset or rebooted.  When I clicked O.K. to do that, that's when the bouncing letters came up, and it just goes on and on.  Looked again today and same thing.  I may just return it and try to find another option.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

When you press the reset button to do the hard reset, make sure you hold it for a full 30 seconds. Any less and it's not a complete reset. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

You pressed the remote pairing button, not the stick reset button, correct?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

You might try rebooting your router too, sometimes getting stuck like that is a symptom of not being able to connect to a network if I remember right.
0 Kudos