Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
donnaU
Level 7

Roku suddenly stopped working and letters keep bouncing

My Roku stick was working just fine.  Suddenly it disconnected from the wireless.  I tried reconnecting and rebooting according to prompts on the screen. Now, I just get the bouncing Roku letters. I tried resetting using the small button on the back of the remote.  I tried unplugging the stick and replugging it back in.  Nothing works.  I saw other posts and it seems as if this is a problem for others.  Any new suggestions on how to get this to work?  
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Markp
Level 9

Re: Roku suddenly stopped working and letters keep bouncing

You could try re booting your TV as well. Did you try the stick in another TV?l
0 Kudos
donnaU
Level 7

I don't have another TV with a HDMI connection. It was working, but lost Internet connectivity.  I tried to go through the prompts on the TV to reconnect and it said the device needed to be reset or rebooted.  When I clicked O.K. to do that, that's when the bouncing letters came up, and it just goes on and on.  Looked again today and same thing.  I may just return it and try to find another option.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

When you press the reset button to do the hard reset, make sure you hold it for a full 30 seconds. Any less and it's not a complete reset. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 7

You pressed the remote pairing button, not the stick reset button, correct?
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

You might try rebooting your router too, sometimes getting stuck like that is a symptom of not being able to connect to a network if I remember right.
0 Kudos