Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
realracer2
Level 7

Re: Roku suddenly returns to home mid show

Thanks Roku 5, I will try to set my Roku 2 to 3.5 MPS. I am having the same problem with Amazon going back to the home screen while trying to watch shows.
0 Kudos
gamul1
Level 7

Just wanted to follow up on where things stand at the moment.

Its been a few days and I have watched about a dozen shows on Amazon since Friday. All have worked flawlessly since I made the two changes above (delete and re-add the channel; and switch to wired internet instead of wireless). No problems at all.

I suspect it may have been the deleting and re-adding of the channel that helped it, but I say that based on hearing that has helped others in the past, and that my Wifi signal was being seen by Roku before as excellent (probably because it was sitting 3 feet away from it).

I'll post back in this thread if the problem comes up again, or maybe in a few weeks if it is still going strong. Until then, if you have the problem, I would recommend deleting the channel and add it back again as a first step.
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

"gamul1" wrote:
Its been a few days and I have watched about a dozen shows on Amazon since Friday. All have worked flawlessly since I made the two changes above (delete and re-add the channel; and switch to wired internet instead of wireless). No problems at all.

I suspect it may have been the deleting and re-adding of the channel that helped it, but I say that based on hearing that has helped others in the past, and that my Wifi signal was being seen by Roku before as excellent (probably because it was sitting 3 feet away from it).

I'll post back in this thread if the problem comes up again, or maybe in a few weeks if it is still going strong. Until then, if you have the problem, I would recommend deleting the channel and add it back again as a first step.

It might also just be the update of the channel that Amazon did on the 24th.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43968
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
michaelnel
Level 7

My new Roku 2 XS does this spontaneous exit to home thing frequently when watching Crackle. Having to navigate my way back to what I was watching and then not even being returned to where I was in the movie has become annoying enough that I don't watch Crackle any more.

As a new Roku user, is Roku usually pretty good about fixing stuff like this? Do they monitor this forum, or is there some other way of reporting this bug to them?
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

"michaelnel" wrote:

As a new Roku user, is Roku usually pretty good about fixing stuff like this?

Yes
Do they monitor this forum

Yes, very closely.
, or is there some other way of reporting this bug to them

You may also want to contact the individual channel developer. When all the other channels are working OK, the problem may be the channel itself rather than Roku's platform software..
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
gamul1
Level 7

"michaelnel" wrote:
My new Roku 2 XS does this spontaneous exit to home thing frequently when watching Crackle. Having to navigate my way back to what I was watching and then not even being returned to where I was in the movie has become annoying enough that I don't watch Crackle any more.

As a new Roku user, is Roku usually pretty good about fixing stuff like this? Do they monitor this forum, or is there some other way of reporting this bug to them?

Try deleting the channel and re-adding it. then do a reboot by unplugging roku and plugging it back in. See if that helps.

If that does not help, how are you connected to the internet with your Roku? WiFi or wired? If WiFi, try connecting via the wire and change your settings to reflect that.

One of these two seems to have resolved my issue but i am not sure which.

If its brand new and you still have the first batteries that came with it - also be prepared to put in a new set of quality batteries as those seem to cause a problem too.
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with Netflix I have tried everything
0 Kudos