Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoak1218
Level 7

Roku streaming + stick crashing

Jump to solution

I had to get a new roku stick after the connection on my old one got too loose to hold a charge and now my new one either shuts off for no reason and reboots OR it will randomly tell me it isn’t getting enough power from the tv when I never had the issue with the old one. WHY does it just shut off and reboot on its own and/or tell me it isn’t getting power when it runs fine (with the reboots) for days? Really annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku streaming + stick crashing

Jump to solution

@Hoak1218 

Thanks for the note.

How are you powering the Roku Streaming Stick? Is the device powered through the TV USB port or is plugged into the wall outlet? We would recommend making sure you are powering your device with the provided cord into a wall outlet.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Hoak1218 

Thanks for the note.

How are you powering the Roku Streaming Stick? Is the device powered through the TV USB port or is plugged into the wall outlet? We would recommend making sure you are powering your device with the provided cord into a wall outlet.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hoak1218
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did switch to wall power and while it doesn’t crash as often it still randomly started doing it again every 20 minutes but only when I was using the Spectrum streaming app. It’s now stopped but I don’t get why it will just start doing it for no reason and only with that app it seems

0 Kudos