Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralwig88
Level 7

Roku streaming stick 3800 keeps blacking out

Hi

I have a Roku streaming stick 3800.

When I plug this into my Samsung tv, it doesn’t have any issues.

However, when I plug it into my Yamaha rxv1067 AV receiver, it blacks out ever 5 seconds for a second or more. Specifically, this seems to start happening around the video setup after the factory reset - ie after the language and wifi setup.

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku streaming stick 3800 keeps blacking out

I don't have any suggestions to directly address your issue, but I am curious. Why are you doing a factory reset? If it's working on the other TV, why not simply plug it in to the other set as is?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Ralwig88
Level 7

Sorry, I meant I factory reset to ensure I hadn’t put in the incorrect settings.

Highly preferable to have the Roku plugged into the AV receiver instead of the tv as that’s where all other inputs are

Thanks

Brendan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

You might check the Yamaha settings and make sure it's just passing the video through. I've used my Stick (3600) without issue in my Yamaha AVR.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos