Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alling
Level 7

Roku stream bar audio no longer working with tv after power outage

I  had a power outage, now my roku streambar audio is no longer working with my tv, it is only working on the roku side. Before power outage it was working with everything. This device isn't even two months old! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku stream bar audio no longer working with tv after power outage

1) Try unplugging everything (TV/Soundbar) from the AC for 10-15 minutes, then

2) Power on the Soundbar, let it fully boot/load.

3) Power on the TV, let it fully boot/load

4) Check sound

0 Kudos
scoopyy
Level 7

I just got  streambar and cannot get past the hdmi and arc screen.  I have a green check on arc and a red x over hdmi. This was supposed to be an easy setup, buy seems to be junk.  At one point it was wreking on the hdmi 2 channel with the cable box, but will not work on the hdmiarc plug it is in.  Cannot get past the hdmi and arc screen.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@alling wrote:

I  had a power outage, now my roku streambar audio is no longer working with my tv, it is only working on the roku side. Before power outage it was working with everything. This device isn't even two months old! 

Make sure the power outage and restart did not turn off the ARC setting on the TV.  This is what enables the TV to send the TV-generated audio back down the HDMI cable to the sound bar.

I don't have a sound bar, so I can't check... but make sure there isn't a similar setting on the sound bar to use the ARC connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos