Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stopped working after 3 uses

I purchased a new Roku Premier at the end of Feb. The first time I used it the audio had static but it cleared so I didn't think anything of it. I used it twice more and now the audio doesn't work at all. There is static when it first comes on, but no audio for any of the services on it. I have switched it to multiple TVs and it does the same thing on every one. I know it isn't the TV HDMI port because I swapped it into a port where I have another functioning Roku. I believe that I just have a bad stick, but when I try to find the support e-mail, the Roku website only shows the option to go Back not Submit when selecting the problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stopped working after 3 uses

@twinzmom241 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device to your TV?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos