Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stopped connection and will not reconnect to wifi.

My roku worked fine until 2 days ago and it suddenly wont connect because it says my signal is poor. I put my phone next to it and the signal to my phone is fine. My old blu ray player will connect easily as well but its worthless because of its age. I dont get it, ive tried everything. My roku is the only device affected in the house. Im about to trash it. It's less than a year old. I am baffled and not happy either, one day its fine and the next its useless..

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Roku stopped connection and will not reconnect to wifi.

If your router's WiFi channel is set to "Auto" try setting it to a fixed channel.  Try a few.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nateanderson  Thanks for reaching out. We'd recommend starting by reviewing our tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

If adjusting the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router, and following the other suggestions aren't helping clear up the issue, please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, and I'll follow up directly to see what other options we can provide to help get this resolved. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have no idea how to do that. It worked fine one day, turned it on in the morning and it was disconnected. I tried secret codes, blah,blah..point is I cant get it to connect. I also see its picking up a weird username that seems to come up everytime I scan..If its broken I will get a new one but my wifi enabled devices are also not connecting but if I use my phone they connect to my hotspot immediately..its really strange

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My reply is for both parties..thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ive done all of that and still no connection

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@nateanderson @Samantha32 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos