Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stick stopped working, light won't come on, on stick

Roku stick stopped working, light won't come on, light on stick does not come on, seems to get no power. I've even bought a new plug and cord.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku stick stopped working, light won't come on, on stick

What model Stick is it? Is it the 3500 (purple) Stick? If so, chances are it just finally broke, as that player is close to 7 years old now. If there's no light visible, and you don't even get the dancing Roku logo when it's powered up, chances are good. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

it's a 3800x and I bought it for my daughter last x-mass or the one before.

That's the problem it won't even power up, I get no signal on the tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Tomej1964 wrote:

it's a 3800x and I bought it for my daughter last x-mass or the one before.

That's the problem it won't even power up, I get no signal on the tv.

Ok, that likely means the Stick has failed. The 3800 was released in Oct 2017, and is actually the last version of the Stick that wasn't 4K. All the later ones are Stick+ models. If you've had it for more than a year, I think the warranty has expired. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R and he'll see what he can do for you.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

guess you should buy a new one,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tomej1964 

Thanks for the information.

As @atc98092 mentioned, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos