Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku stick on and lit but says not connected and frozen screen

I wasn't sure what to post this under. I turn the TV on and the home screen for my Roku stick appears, but it says Not Connected and I can't do anything. Neither the remote nor the app remote work. It's just frozen. I unplugged the stick and left it for a few, then plugged it back in but it's the same thing. Does this mean the stick is failing? It's been working fine up to this point but other than unplugging and replugging it, I can't troubleshoot anything. I have not changed TVs or the way it's been plugged in so I'm guessing it's failing, but wanted to check here first. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 19

Re: Roku stick on and lit but says not connected and frozen screen

Assuming your remote's batteries are okay, if you're getting no response from the remote, maybe it needs to be re-paired to your stick.  See this page for instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

The batteries in the remote are fresh, but the problem is, the home screen comes on and it's frozen. Nothing I do with the app moves the screen. I'll try another set of batteries but I did change them this morning before posting.

0 Kudos
Level 19

So, did you try to re-pair the remote as suggested?  Here are the instructions from the page mentioned above (you'll find the pairing button and indicator light in the battery compartment):

• Re-pair the remote
    • Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.
    • Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
    • When your Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries in your remote.
    • Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment of your remote for 5 seconds or until you see the pairing light on the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you should replace the batteries (see below).
    • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
    • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

When we get the remote working we can attack the net connection problem.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you so much! However, I changed the batteries last night with no change on the screen. The remote app didn't work on it either. This morning, the screen was blank and the stick has died. Smiley Sad 

Thank you again for your help. I've ordered a new one.

0 Kudos