Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku stick+ no 5.1 audio out

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have seen similar topics but with older receivers. My equipment is all new but I am unable to get 5.1 to work. All audio signals with all channels are coming in as 2/0/0 PCM.

Roku streaming stick plus.

TV is LG BX OLED 2020.

AVR is Yamaha RX V4A.

Roku setting is Audio Auto, HDMI tried all settings including DD+ and auto.

Tried plugging Roku directly in to TV HDMI using ARC and tried plugging directly in to AVR HDMI input.

High bandwidth cable router, good wifi to roku. Getting a solid 4k picture but only 2.0 PCM audio. Even including Inception on the Roku app.

Is the Roku actually capable of giving a 5.1 audio output? Does it work for anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 14

Re: Roku stick+ no 5.1 audio out

Jump to solution

What does Settings/Audio/HDMI/Audio Detect list as "Detected:"?  If DD+ isn't listed, you'll get PCM 2.0 for nearly all content.

What does Settings/Audio/Audio mode=?  If not "(Auto (DD+..etc) this can limit your 5.1 output.

Did you enable any volume modes during playback? During playback of any content, press the options (*) button and verify that Volume mode=off (if any volume modes are enabled, multichannel output is disabled).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 14

Jump to solution

What does Settings/Audio/HDMI/Audio Detect list as "Detected:"?  If DD+ isn't listed, you'll get PCM 2.0 for nearly all content.

What does Settings/Audio/Audio mode=?  If not "(Auto (DD+..etc) this can limit your 5.1 output.

Did you enable any volume modes during playback? During playback of any content, press the options (*) button and verify that Volume mode=off (if any volume modes are enabled, multichannel output is disabled).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well this is odd. Before responding to your reply I double checked my feed and now it is working, even though I don‘t think I changed anything. But hey, working is good! Maybe it was a temp issue with the feed.

To answer question, setting is Audio Mode...Auto DD+, DTS

I do not think I changed any volume modes before this happened, but possibly that was the issue as I remember changing those settings as part of troubleshooting the other day.

Thank you for the reply. I am getting a 5.1 feed, sounds good.

0 Kudos