Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WAsurround
Level 7

Roku stick+ no 5.1 audio out

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have seen similar topics but with older receivers. My equipment is all new but I am unable to get 5.1 to work. All audio signals with all channels are coming in as 2/0/0 PCM.

Roku streaming stick plus.

TV is LG BX OLED 2020.

AVR is Yamaha RX V4A.

Roku setting is Audio Auto, HDMI tried all settings including DD+ and auto.

Tried plugging Roku directly in to TV HDMI using ARC and tried plugging directly in to AVR HDMI input.

High bandwidth cable router, good wifi to roku. Getting a solid 4k picture but only 2.0 PCM audio. Even including Inception on the Roku app.

Is the Roku actually capable of giving a 5.1 audio output? Does it work for anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick+ no 5.1 audio out

Jump to solution

What does Settings/Audio/HDMI/Audio Detect list as "Detected:"?  If DD+ isn't listed, you'll get PCM 2.0 for nearly all content.

What does Settings/Audio/Audio mode=?  If not "(Auto (DD+..etc) this can limit your 5.1 output.

Did you enable any volume modes during playback? During playback of any content, press the options (*) button and verify that Volume mode=off (if any volume modes are enabled, multichannel output is disabled).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What does Settings/Audio/HDMI/Audio Detect list as "Detected:"?  If DD+ isn't listed, you'll get PCM 2.0 for nearly all content.

What does Settings/Audio/Audio mode=?  If not "(Auto (DD+..etc) this can limit your 5.1 output.

Did you enable any volume modes during playback? During playback of any content, press the options (*) button and verify that Volume mode=off (if any volume modes are enabled, multichannel output is disabled).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
WAsurround
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well this is odd. Before responding to your reply I double checked my feed and now it is working, even though I don‘t think I changed anything. But hey, working is good! Maybe it was a temp issue with the feed.

To answer question, setting is Audio Mode...Auto DD+, DTS

I do not think I changed any volume modes before this happened, but possibly that was the issue as I remember changing those settings as part of troubleshooting the other day.

Thank you for the reply. I am getting a 5.1 feed, sounds good.

0 Kudos