Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philerlandson
Level 7

Roku stick + keeps shutting off

My roku stick + I just bought from Walmart yesterday keeps shutting off unexpectedly. I have it fully updated, plug into a dedicated power source. I do have an older roku stick in another bedroom but don’t see how that could be the issue. Please help,

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick + keeps shutting off

@Philerlandson 

Thanks for the note.

When you say that the device shuts off unexpectedly, what were you doing? Does this happen on a specific channel? How often does this happen and is it reproducible?

With more information we will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mgunr
Level 7

Mine shuts off after display box stating idle time 

0 Kudos
mgunr
Level 7

roku exptess

0 Kudos
jillburk71
Level 7

My TV which is NOT a Roku TV (I have a stick) - shuts off on any channel, Disney, Netflix, Hulu

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jillburk71

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? If you have a Roku device connected to your TV, is your TV completely being turned off? If this is the case, this is most likely an issue caused by our TV and not the Roku device? How is the Roku device being powered? Is it connected to the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos