Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajturne
Level 7

Roku stick cracklings sound

I got my Roku stick the end of December 2018 and it’s had a constant crackling sound for the past week, for anything I watch through the Roku. Is there someway to fix this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick cracklings sound

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you're experiencing.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on that TV or using a different TV to see if the same issue occurs?

We also recommend plugging the device into a wall outlet using the included power adapter instead of powering through the USB power. This can help resolve issues in some cases.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Joelb
Level 7

Re: Roku stick cracklings sound

I have this same issue with my Roku Stick. The only thing I have found that fixes it is to reboot the Roku Stick by removing from the HDMI port and from power, wait about 10 seconds, and reconnect HDMI and power.

It got to the point I was having to reboot the Roku Stick two or three times in a two-hour movie.

I thought I had solved the problem by moving from one HDMI port to another. I thought it was a bad HDMI port. This was five or six months ago. Now, the same issue has followed the Roku Stick leading me to believe the Roku Stick is the culprit. Two HDMI ports on the same TV going bad on their own? I doubt it.

Up to this point, I have enjoyed using the Roku Stick (and my four other Roku devices); however, it may just get to a point I convert over to Apple TV.

0 Kudos