Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmiller
Level 7

Roku sound to my Insignia receiver

I have a Roku 2500X. I don’t use a tv, since I have the Roku hooked up to my Epson projector. 

My Epson projector doesn’t have capability for sound, so I used my Insignia receiver (w/ ceiling speakers) for sound for my Dish and Roku. Due to the configuration of my living room, my projector and Insignia receiver are on opposite sides of the room. This is no problem with Dish, because I can connect my Dish receiver to the Insignia receiver via Bluetooth in the Dish settings. 

When I want to watch anything on Roku, I have to connect the Roku to my Insignia receiver with RCA audio wiring. Although this works, I have to extend the cable across the room to hook up the Roku to the sound receiver. 

Ideally, I would need to have some way to keep my Roku hooked up to my Epson projector on one side of the room, and transmit sound wirelessly to my Insignia sound receiver on the other side of the room. It doesn’t look like Roku makes a unit with this capability. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks. 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Roku sound to my Insignia receiver

Could you buy a Bluetooth transmitter for the Roku end? Just plug a short RCA cable into that (using a combiner if necessary), and have the receiver pick up the sound via Bluetooth, like the Dish box is doing?

1Mii B03Lite Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter, Bluetooth Audio Adapter, Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter for TV PC Projector, Optical Toslink 3.5mm AUX RCA, Dual Link aptX Low Latency https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTJWQLD/re ... mCb50DSQD5
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
kmiller
Level 7

Thanks Jeffrok. That may be what I need. 
I am not familiar with a Bluetooth transmitter. Can I find that at Best Buy or is it something I can get online?
0 Kudos
kmiller
Level 7

Thanks. Just saw the link in your post. I appreciate it!
0 Kudos