Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku screen is black and white

😞  I am having the same issue with my VizioTV suddenly having issues streaming in color.  I have gone through, read, and tried every single thing listed on this site and others And it is still Black &White. All my electronics are on the same WiFi and I do not have CableTV. I also have an old Vizio BDplayer with a few apps left on it that work. When not on the source for Roku and on the TV apps and the BDplayer... they are all in bright vibrant colors.  Then I try to stream and it is back to Black & White, again. I have also swapped the Rokus from other TVs and they work on every other TV?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JulieAnnThriver

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to use the Roku device on other TVs and are not experiencing the same issue, this would indicate that there is an issue with the HDMI port or the connection to the TV. Have you tried plugging the Roku device to another HDMI port on the TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikemcjr
Reel Rookie

Addendum:

Roku did eventually agree to replace my Roku Streaming Stick Plus, but in the meantime I realized the problem was with my TV (Roku device worked fine on a different TV).  My Vizio TV worked fine all except for HDMI inputs, which were intermittently black and white or distorted colors, suggesting a loose connection on the main board for the HDMI connections.  Time to fix or replace the TV, and my faith in Roku has been restored.

0 Kudos
tweaver

still black and white

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @tweaver

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos