Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougBak
Level 8

Roku screen flickering all of a sudden in OS 9.4

Premiere+ 4630X
OS Version: 9.4.0 build 4174-29
Samsung 1080P - directly connected
Auto-adjust display refresh rate is set to Off
System restart has no effect

Even with no channel in use, the screen will occasionally go black and then refresh 
This device was previously connected to a Denon AV receiver to a Sony TV, with the same symptoms.
I've changed HDMI cables (a new one that came with a new Roku Ultra), moved to different TV's/HDMI ports and cables.  Audio continues under all circumstances.

26 Replies
MikeVilleStrong
Level 7

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

@DougBak wrote:

Premiere+ 4630X
OS Version: 9.4.0 build 4174-29
Samsung 1080P - directly connected
Auto-adjust display refresh rate is set to Off
System restart has no effect

Even with no channel in use, the screen will occasionally go black and then refresh 
This device was previously connected to a Denon AV receiver to a Sony TV, with the same symptoms.
I've changed HDMI cables (a new one that came with a new Roku Ultra), moved to different TV's/HDMI ports and cables.  Audio continues under all circumstances.

Experiencing the same issue as of last week.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MikeVilleStrong 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when does this issue occur? when did you start seeing this issue happen?
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DougBak 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

Can you please provide us with a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CrisTheBro
Level 7

I’m having the same issue my issue ID is 61-468-219

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Level 10

Pull All HDMI except the HDMI being used, and see if stops

0 Kudos
CrisTheBro
Level 7

It turns out that it was my PS5. When it was on, other inputs would flicker, but if I turn it off, everything’s fine. Weird.

0 Kudos
Windrew
Level 7

The issue is when more than one active 4k device is plugged in, until they fix it try unplugging the unused HDMI it should work.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Level 10

hmm 4k?

my ps4 is only 1080p and hdr and my dish  (4k joey) while it is 4k cappable is only  outputing 1080i, and this flicker happen only when my dish receiver is powered on, if i pull the hdmi cable to it or pull the power cord ps4 has no flicker at random

I think happen when more then 1 Hdmi connection has always active feed. either way there obvious an issue with 9.4.0 along with picture setting defualting and no setting change till the tv is restarted at which time setting get  reinstated.

had the tv since 2018 and liked it and had no issue with till 9.3.0 and now 9.4.0, have 2 s515 and 32 tcl all with same issue since those updates.

SonicMojo
Level 9

Same deal occurring here - but only with the ROKU (Premiere+ 4630x) is connecting to our Epson 1080p projector.

The Roku appears on screen VERY infrequently (Another 9.4.0 issue) - but when it does - the entire UI has a sort of pulsating, jerky display where the screen image seems to move a mm or so back and forth every second or two.

VERY annoying. Have already tried a cable switch and will try a complete factory reset today.

Sonic.

0 Kudos