Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmocinn

Re: Roku returns to home screen while streaming

Mine started it a couple days ago with Disney plus, youtube, prime but strangely enough not with netflix.

0 Kudos
ausbinp
Reel Rookie

I am using a Roku Express and it is doing the same thing returning to the home screen on all apps except for Netflix.  I have two additional Roku Express units that are working without this problem. The unit on the TV that is having the problem has worked over three years and never given a problem before now. Have tried everything except resetting the unit to factory default which from what I've seen doesn't cure this problem.  It would appear that Roku would come out with a fix as to the number of users are having this problem.

ausbinp
Reel Rookie

Problem Solved with my Roku.  As stated before it has been working for nearly 3 years without a problem before this occurred.  My solution was to remove the HDMI cable to another port on the TV.  I did this with the unit an dTV powered on. I did do a restart of the Roku and since then it has been working for the last 4 hours without any problem.  Just hope it will continue to work and if it doesn't I'll be back.

t

0 Kudos

Same thing is happening for me and this is super frustrating. So far it’s happening with Hulu and YouTube. For Hulu, it’s taking the showing that I’m watching back to 30 min into the show after I’m at 45 min into the show. I just hooked this thing up about 12 hours ago! I’m going back to fire stick. Bump this!

0 Kudos

Also, with fire stick, you can call abs get help. Roku is saying they will email you within 24 hours. This is trash!

0 Kudos
Kai2

Mine’s too! It last about 3 minutes or so on Netflix, but it won’t last a couple of seconds on Hulu or Disney+. YouTube works fine and so does Prime Video. It’s very frustrating!! It’s been happening for a couple of weeks now. I have tried EVERYTHING! The only time Netflix worked was a couple days ago then it went to the Home Screen. Then, I tried to connect it with my phone and I finished the movie

0 Kudos
Kitabita29

Same.

Only Netflix works 

0 Kudos
ausbinp
Reel Rookie

I've solved my problem with my Roku stick and it was by changing the port that the HDMI cable was attached to my TV.  Once I moved the HDMI cable to another port all of the problems went away.  Hope that this will work with others that are having this problem.

0 Kudos
doitover

Is everything still all good with this solution? It seems to be the only answer to this issue and many of us want to kno if it works.

0 Kudos
cm34arl
Reel Rookie

@doitover         

All is well for the past few months.       

0 Kudos