Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsoppanish
Level 7

Re: Roku player stops streaming and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with Hulu and Spectrum, that I know of.  Netflix and Freeform as yet don't seem to be affected.  I have 3 Roku Express+, and know it is happening on 2 of them.  Not sure about the 3rd one, as it is on my son's TV.  He doesn't watch the actual TV much.

DonnaRez66
Level 7

Re: Roku returns to home screen while streaming

Jump to solution

Sharp Roku tv just started switching to the home screen during streaming yesterday. Never had a problem b4. Got the tv in May. Is there a fix for this yet?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing.

If you are running into an issue with a channel exiting playback and returning to the Home screen, please make sure you have tried the following steps to troubleshoot the channel(s): 

1. Remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'.

2. Next, go to Settings>System>System restart and restart your Roku device. 

3. Once your device starts up again, add the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels'. 

4. Try playing content again. 

If the issue occurs again, please generate an issue report tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. Once you have this number, please send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, a description of the channel and content you were watching (live TV channel, on-demand streaming video, etc.), and the issue report tracker ID that you created. I'll follow up directly to continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Same here. Just started a few days ago. Happens on all apps. Can stream for 30 to 45 minutes then returns to the home screen.
alh30080
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same issue.  Really annoying. Doesnt matter which channel I am on...it all works for about 30 minutes and then resets back to home. Have you figured out a fix yet?

treal
Level 8

Jump to solution
its really weird, i be watching tv, and after a few minutes it cuts off and goes to home screen
0 Kudos
alh30080
Level 7

Jump to solution

it doesnt matter which channel you are on..its happened with Netflix, Hulu, Britbox, Acorn, Amazon prime.  Its a roku issue not a channel issue.

treal
Level 8

Jump to solution
exactly
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

In another thread about this same issue, Roku announced they believe they have solved the problem, and if you restart your Roku (suggest actually unplugging it and then powering it back up) they feel it will work correctly. Can't hurt to try. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
treal
Level 8

Jump to solution
yeah i called he told me to reset my network connection and see if it goes well. apparently im not the only person that has this problem, as i heard in customer support
0 Kudos