Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mike_S1
Level 8

Re: Roku player stops streaming and goes to home screen

Jump to solution
"Butterfli3s" wrote:
The Roku player will suddenly stop streaming the show or movie I am watching and goes back to the homesceeen. Is there a fix for this problem? It does it on Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. I have a Roku 1, is it just getting too old?

Sounds like what's happening on my express. See my thread below https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=154690, "express in reboot loop".
-Mike
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
"Mike_S" wrote:
"Butterfli3s" wrote:
The Roku player will suddenly stop streaming the show or movie I am watching and goes back to the homesceeen. Is there a fix for this problem? It does it on Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. I have a Roku 1, is it just getting too old?

Sounds like what's happening on my express. See my thread below https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=154690, "express in reboot loop".
-Mike

Sounds similar, but not the same. You Roku is rebooting, the OP is just getting kicked back to the home screen from the affected channels.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Bumblefist
Level 8

Jump to solution
I posted about this a couple of weeks ago on someone else's thread.  I have the same problem.  I also use a Roku 1.  It happens with YouTube and Emby for me.  I see others have reported the same thing but I have seen no solutions offered from experts, usually just comments like "doesn't happen to me... wierd"
0 Kudos
hoanayang
Level 8

Jump to solution
I think the same issue as this one https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=146890&start=15&hilit=youtube+streaming

It has been like this over 5 months for me but no solution at all! I hate to say that, I end up moving away from Roku now! My main usage of TV is streaming Youtube and I cannot use because kick off every few minutes!

by the way, mine are only 8 month old, I bought in Dec 2018...it happens 2 months after I got them.
0 Kudos
mwwnbtx
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have a Roku 2XD, Model# 3050X. It randomly stops playing no matter the app i'm in and goes to the home screen. I've rebooted it, checked the software is current.  Software is as of June 2019. Used to work flawlessly, started this issue a few months ago. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution
"mwwnbtx" wrote:
I have a Roku 2XD, Model# 3050X. It randomly stops playing no matter the app i'm in and goes to the home screen. I've rebooted it, checked the software is current.  Software is as of June 2019. Used to work flawlessly, started this issue a few months ago. Any suggestions?

My honest suggestion is to get rid of the old 2 XD and get a recent model Roku, Fire TV, or something more modern. The 2 XD will not support many of the latest Roku channels, as it lacks processing power and has less than complete support for the latest version of the Roku programming language. The 2 XD is a 2nd generation device that was release in July 2011. The current models are 7th generation, and far beyond that old box. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rags
Level 7

Re: Roku returns to home screen while streaming

Jump to solution

This happens to me, too, but only when streaming Hulu—not with Netflix or Amazon. Roku model 8500x. TV 10 years old. No other WiFi problems.

please advise.

0 Kudos
instantmagic
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me too. Both ROKU players top playing. I watch mostly Amazon. It stops several times. Goes back to start.

I have ROKU 2 players. THIS JUST STARTED A FEW DAYS BEFORE I POSTED THIS. I tried restarting it no luck. Looked for updates. No luck. Do I delete the Amazon app and try that? What a pain.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue with my roku express+ it's so aggravating. It happens with all apps. I also updated to the most recent software version and it still happens.
0 Kudos
instantmagic
Level 7

Jump to solution

You know what ROKU better figure this out fast!!! They are going to lose some valuable customers!! I tried the stuff they told me to like re-downloaded the amazon app. And nothing has changed. It is sad for us having three roku players and they are all doing that. ROKU need to have a fix for this like yesterday.