Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheler

Roku reboots after clicking pause on remote

Jump to solution

My Roku keeps rebooting after I push the pause button on the remote. If I'm watching a show/movie on so far multiple channels (HBO Max, AppleTv, Disney+) and i push pause on the Roku Remote, the screen goes black and the system reboots. It is up to date on updates, it worked fine yesterday, I pause shows/movies constantly so I would have noticed. It can pause if I use the arrow buttons and the ok button if the app has that option. But the pause button on the remote just reboots the whole system.

It's a Roku Ultra (4800 series) and the issue ID I got was 7w-387-849 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku reboots after clicking pause on remote

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted and we will be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Sheler

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bogatabeav

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem and it started occurring recently.  When I press the play/pause button on my Roku Ultra, the system reboots and it happens everytime.

I’d rather no be sent to an article that has you change your remote batteries.  This is obviously a bigger issue.

0 Kudos
bstensla

Jump to solution

exact same issue -started getting it tonight-  model 4800x, enhanced remote.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted and we will be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Apng

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am also having the same issue with my pause/play button on my remote. It reboots my system after pushing that button. 

model 3810X

serial number: YH00AM599201

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Apng

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Does this issue happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels when pressing those buttons? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos