Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lairdda
Level 7

Roku randomly starts to search for lost remote

I just got a Roku Ultra and have attached it to my LED (with sound bar), blu ray player and cable box (charter DVR) yesterday.  In a single day the Roku has randomly tried searching for the “lost remote” 3 times.  This has caused the t.v. to turn on or has interrupted us watching t.v. Or movies on our Blu ray player.  The only solution I’ve found is unplugging the Roku.  Am I missing something?  Any advice would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3\
ljgeist
Level 7

Re: Roku randomly starts to search for lost remote

Mine has been doing this about 20 times a day for the past 6 months. No solution yet to the problem and very frustrating. I'm about to get rid of it and switch to other hardware.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ljgeist

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ljgeist
Level 7

Roku Premier+. All day long at random intervals, it sends out a signal to look for "lost remote". Pressing any key on the remote cancels the search. This also causes the TV to randomly turn on during the middle of the night when we are asleep. I know that it's the Roku turning on the TV because it doesn't happen if I unplug the Roku overnight. 

0 Kudos