Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ireallydntknow
Reel Rookie

Roku quit working. High pitch noise

My role all of a sudden quit working in the middle of a movie. When plugged in it shows no power light. Yes, I've tried switching cords, power boxes and outlets. No power to it. Anytime I plug the roku in, it makes a high pitched noise.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku quit working. High pitch noise

Is the noise from the device itself? Or is the noise coming from the TV when it's on input for the Roku?

Also, what Roku device is it? Include model number, if you have it (on the box perhaps).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ireallydntknow
Reel Rookie

The high pitch noise was coming from the roku itself. It's not longer making the noise anymore. When the roku is plugged in, it won't come on. Not even the light on front. 

Model 3930x

SN: s009207LEHNS

0 Kudos
DBDukes

That's the current Roku Express model. Is it plugged in via its included power supply? Or is it connected using the TV's USB (many will connect an Express this way)? If the TV USB, try the included power supply and see if the problem remains.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ireallydntknow
Reel Rookie

Yes the problem still remains. I always have it plugged into the tv and an outlet.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Ireallydntknow wrote:

Yes the problem still remains. I always have it plugged into the tv and an outlet.

I'm only asking about the power connection.

The Roku would, of course, be connected via HDMI to the TV for watching content. My question was specifically about the power connection.

You would plug the power cord into the TV's USB port, OR to a wall outlet via the Power Supply that came with the Roku Express. It can't be both.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Ireallydntknow
Reel Rookie

Wall outlet with the cord that came with it

0 Kudos
DBDukes

That sounds like your device is truly broken. If it’s under warranty, I’d submit for a warranty replacement immediately.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ireallydntknow

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm having this exact issue.  Was there a resolution?

0 Kudos