Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mish1959
Level 7

Roku premiere won't turn on

Roku Premiere (4620 series) #I have been using this product for well over a week.  Now all of a sudden it won't turn on .  There are no lights on the device nothing.  Unplugged it from the wall waited a good 5 minutes plugged it back in checked the HDMI cord everything's good still wont turn on or give me any lights.   Read on here somewhere that if I hold down every single button on the remote and change the batteries might help tried that still nothing.  Faulty device???   Worked perfect until toda .

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku premiere won't turn on

Faulty is certainly possible. I would first suggest trying it on a different TV, plugged into a different wall outlet. It sounds like it's not getting power, which could be three possible issues. Either the wall outlet has a problem, the power supply has failed, or something internal to the Roku has failed. The latter two would be fixed by returning it for a replacement. If you're having power outlet issues, you need a licensed electrician to check things out, unless you REALLY know what you're doing with electricity. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos