Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lincolnd
Level 7

Roku premiere: some apps have sound while others don’t

I’ve connected my Roku premiere to my projector and to my stereo receiver but not all channels will play sound. For example, when playing video on YouTube sound is normal but when playing video through a subscription service (like Disney + or Prime video) there is no sound  

I’ve found similar problems on this forum where this was resolved by going to Menu—settings—audio and then correcting a setting in the audio menu. My problem is I don’t have an audio menu. 

When I select “menu” I have the settings option but under settings there is no audio option. The only thing similar is “volume” but that only causes the little volume bar to move up or down without increasing or decreasing the sound. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku premiere: some apps have sound while others don’t

I'm guessing the "Menu" you are going to is one for your TV, projector, stereo, or other connected device, via the Menu key on the remote for some device other than the Roku.  The Roku itself doesn't have anything actually identified as "Menu".

While viewing the Roku home page use the Roku remote to click on Settings in the left column and go from there.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos