Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexxgonzalez19
Level 7

Roku premier won’t work with remote

i set up my Roku I reset it, powered it off, did all the little nick nacks to make it work and still nothing. The Roku acknowledges the remote by making the beep sound Everytime I click on something but it’s NOT doing anything at all. For example I’m on the let’s get started page and I’m trying to click the English setting and it’s making the beep sound like the Roku acknowledged the command but instead it does nothing at all. I checked the batteries powered it off. Took them out did all the trouble shoot procedures I don’t know what to do

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku premier won’t work with remote

Definitely sounds strange.  First, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  Then, try a different HDMI cable.  Finally, try a factory reset - find the pinhole reset button and use a paperclip or something similar to press and hold the button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected and ignore anything displaying onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Alexxgonzalez19
Level 7

Re: Roku premier won’t work with remote

I tried all of that already. Even factory reset still doesn’t respond with the controller 

0 Kudos