Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vspindler83
Level 7

Roku powers on for 2 seconds then black screen

My Roku Streaming Stick+ was working fine for over a year. It is the only way I use my TV. Normally when I power on my television, I see the Roku logo and then it goes to the Roku home screen and I can use the Roku remote to select the app and program that I'd like to stream. As of today, when I turn on my television I see the Roku logo come on for about 2 to 3 seconds and then it disappears. My TV is still on but all I see is a black screen. I have tried powering off the TV multiple times and rebooting, and it's always the same thing: The Roku loading logo will come on for about 2 to 3 seconds, and then it will go black. I cannot use the remote, and I cannot use the remote on the Roku app either. It just stays a black screen. Please help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wsanders1
Level 8

Re: Roku powers on for 2 seconds then black screen

See topic "Did an Update just Brick older Express Devices?". TLDR: Factory reset.

0 Kudos
wagnerga31
Level 7

I am getting the same issue with our Roku Premier. I get the Roku splash screen but after that disappears I never get to the main menu. While the screen is black the white light on the front of the Roku is blinking.

0 Kudos
dturnercis
Level 7

I have 2 Roku Streaming Stick+ on 2 different brands of TV's, one Panasonic Plasma, the other a 2 year old Samsung Q6.  Both Roku streaming sticks went to black screens overnight 8/2 2020.  I have tried unplugging, updating TV's, I have confirmed that power is good, and still only black screens on both.  Roku any support help would be appreciated?

Screens will show the jumping ROKU, but then go black with no functionality.

0 Kudos
Spooner1000
Level 7

I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos