Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gopinath
Level 7

Roku player restarts automatically when auto or passthrough mode is selected

I have Dolby vision videos with Dolby Atmos audio in USB drive. These are supposed to give the correct decoding by the AVR when the digital audio is set to passthrough mode. But when this mode is selected, every time I try to play an Atmos encoded file, the Roku would simply restart.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku player restarts automatically when auto or passthrough mode is selected

@Gopinath 

Thanks for the post.

Are you still experiencing this issue when you connect the device without the AVR?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gopinath
Level 7

Re: Roku player restarts automatically when auto or passthrough mode is selected

The issue happens when the digital audio output is set to auto or passthrough and Atmos content is played, with AVR connected. Tried with two different AVR Denon and marantz. Same result. The unit restarts when the file is played

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gopinath

Thanks for the follow up.

As I inquired previously, are you still experiencing this issue when you connect the device without the AVR?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gopinath
Level 7

Tried connecting without AVR. It works, but no sound as the TV does not support Atmos. Issue is when connecting with AVR with Atmos capability. AVR works well with other media player delivering Dolby Atmos. 

0 Kudos